Pesticides, whilst potentially harmful substances, are very successful and are widely used in rural and land-based industries. Due to the harmful nature it is vital that they are only used by people who are properly trained in the safe use of pesticides.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who are involved in the storage and handling of pesticides.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in the Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides.
This course is delivered over 1 day including assessment.
What will I learn?
- Risk assessment
- Key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides
- Interpreting labels and literature
- Routes of contamination and personal hygiene
- Pesticide contamination symptoms and how to deal with them
- Identify, select, understand maintenance and storage of suitable and
- Serviceable protective equipment
- Operators responsibilities
- Preparing pesticides for use
- Transport/temporary storage of pesticides
- Reducing needs for disposal
- Disposal of containers, packaging, dilute and concentrated pesticide washings
- Keeping records
- Environmental and wildlife consideration
- Safe and correct storage of pesticides
- Emergency procedures
- Legal requirements and safety regulations
You will be assessed through an online multiple choice exam based on the topics covered during the PA1 training session.