This short course provides training in the techniques of felling medium sized trees over 380mm in diameter.
This course is physical in nature and requires the carrying and movement of items in a woodland forest environment. This course prepares you to take the assessment for the City & Guilds / NPTC Unit 301.
The prerequisites for this course are:
- 003920, 003921 Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting and Felling Small Trees up to 380mm (formerly known as CS30/31)
EQUIPMENT: YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN CHAINSAW SAFETY BOOTS
Who is it for?
This short course is designed for those who are holders of the 003920, 003921 Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting and Felling Small Trees up to 380mm (formerly known as CS30/31) Certificates and wish to be able to fell and process trees with a diameter larger than 380mm.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees Over 380mm (in diameter) from City & Guilds.
This course is delivered over 3 consecutive days including assessment
What will I learn?
- Safety and maintenance review
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a work site
- Select equipment required for safe and effective felling
- Fell a range of larger sized trees safely and accurately using an appropriate method
- Fell large leaning or weighted trees
- Sned and / or de-limb larger sized trees
- Crosscut stems over the guide bar length in diameter to a given specification
- Select and take down hung up trees using hand and mechanical winching equipment suitable for takedown of a larger tree
You will be assessed by external and independent City & Guilds / NPTC assessors who will assess you by means of oral questioning and observation of practical tasks that you have undertaken during the training course