This Outdoor First Aid course combines theory with hands-on practical First Aid exercises whilst simulating injuries found in a variety of outdoor scenarios. You will gain the knowledge and competence to deal with incidents requiring medical assistance within rural and remote settings where immediate assistance is not as easily accessible. This course meets the requirements as laid down in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for outdoor enthusiasts who want a short practical first aid course (without the Emergency First Aid at Work certification). No previous First Aid experience is required.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an outdoor Outdoor First Aid certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
What will I learn?
• Principles of First Aid and safety
• Dealing with collapse (with and without breathing)
• Unresponsive casualty
• Basic life support
• Seizures, choking and drowning
• Shock, external bleeding and minor injuries
• Torso and limb injuries
• Head, spinal and chest injuries
• Medical emergencies (heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes)
• Heat and cold injuries
• Defibrillator training
• Using first aid
• Outdoor specific scenarios
• Outdoor incident management
You will be assessed through ongoing practical assessments.