All professional bus, coach or lorry drivers must complete 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep their Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) up to date.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for professional bus, coach or lorry drivers.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a JAUPT approved Driver CPC certificate for the module and hours completed.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
What will I learn?
- Motorway restrictions
- Lane discipline and overtaking
- Side swipes
- Truck Platooning
- Road works, accidents and breakdowns
- Impact protection vehicle (IPV) awareness
- Traffic Officers
- Vehicle Breakdowns
- Different types of managed motorway
- How to use them
- The signage and road markings
- Current and planned locations
- What are they and why do we have them?
- The role of the Traffic Commissioners
Drivers’ Hours Rules:
- Why are these relevant?
- The importance of working to the regulations
- The EU Regulations
- GB Domestic Regulations
- Record Keeping
- The importance of Driver Walk Round Checks
- Defect Reporting
- Licence Categories
- Licence Checks
- Endorsement Codes
- Driver CPC
- Load Security Requirements for LGV and PCV
- Enforcement and Penalties
Road Traffic Legislation:
- What are the relevant rules?
- Speed Limits
- Mobile Device Use
- Seat Belts
- Fitness to Drive
- Accident Types
- Notifiable Accidents
- Passenger Evacuation
- Who to report it to
- Dealing with the Emergency Services
There is no formal assessment for this course
Check our other CPC courses here!