The purpose of this qualification develops learners knowledge and understanding relevant to working with the elderly.
The TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly (RQF) was developed in association with TSN and is regulated by Ofqual.
Who is it for?
This course would be of particular use to anyone who, in a professional or personal capacity, cares for the elderly.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly (RQF).
The course duration is 12 weeks via distance learning.
What will I learn?
- Common health issues affecting individuals in elderly care
- Individual rights in elderly care
- Maintaining health and well-being in elderly care
- Minimising risk in elderly care
- Principles of elderly care in the UK
You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Care
- Level 2 or 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 3 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Working in End of Life Care
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Assisting and Moving Individuals for Social Care Settings