Gain the skills you need to deliver a great dining experience. This Level 2 Diploma covers all aspects of food and beverage service. It will deliver the key skills required by the learner to ensure they will have a thorough understanding of the role and expectations that any future employer will expect of them.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who work in the catering and hospitality sector who deal with both food and/or drink service.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service from City & Guilds.
How long does it last?
This course is delivered in the workplace over a number of months.
What will I learn?
The qualification provides evidence of knowledge and competence in a hospitality environment. To achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service, learners must achieve all 44 credits from the mandatory units available (credit value in brackets).
- Investigate the catering and hospitality industry (4)
- Food safety in catering (1)
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality (3)
- Legislation in food and beverage service (2)
- Menu knowledge and design (3)
- Applying workplace skills (3)
- Principles of beverage product knowledge (4)
- Service of hot beverages (5)
- Food and beverage service skills (15)
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point (3)
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure travel and tourism (1)
You will be assessed by observation at your workplace and you will also produce a portfolio of evidence to support the different units you have chosen.
On completion of this qualification learners may progress into employment on to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery
[su_button url=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#f27900″ size=”5″ radius=”5″]ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE[/su_button]
PLEASE QUOTE THE COURSE YOU ARE REFERRING TO UPON ENQUIRY