This Level 2 Diploma in Care will support learners to develop the knowledge and skills required to work in a range of clinical healthcare support settings and in adult care environments. It covers a wide range of areas including dementia awareness, mental health and well-being, supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who are working in a health and social care environment as a healthcare assistant, personal assistant or support worker.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Care.
How long does it last?
This course is delivered in the workplace over a number of months.
What will I learn?
The qualification provides evidence of knowledge and competence in a health and social care environment. You will complete a minimum of 46 credits (credit values in brackets) made up from mandatory units  and optional units .
- Communication in care settings (3)
- Handle information in care settings (1)
- Personal development in care settings (3)
- Implement person-centred approaches in care settings (5)
- Equality and inclusion in care settings (2)
- Health, safety and well-being in care settings (4)
- Responsibilites of a care worker (2)
- Duty of care (1)
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings (3)
Optional units [this is a small sample of the units available]
- Causes and spread of infection (2)
- Contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions (2)
- Support independence in the tasks of daily living (5)
- Support individuals with specific communication needs (5)
- Understand personalisation in adult care (3)
- Support individuals with dementia (4)
You will be assessed by observation at your workplace and you will also produce a portfolio of evidence to support the different units you have chosen
Upon completion, learners can enter either the adult care or health workforces. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, including:
- Adult care worker
- Healthcare assistant/support worke
- Personal assistant
[su_button url=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#f27900″ size=”5″ radius=”5″]ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE[/su_button]
PLEASE QUOTE THE COURSE YOU ARE REFERRING TO UPON ENQUIRY