Do you want your website to appear higher in Google search results? With Google accounting for over 85% of UK searches, being able to understand how you can appear higher in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS) can be make or break for a business with an online presence. This one-day course will show you the steps to optimise your website to appear higher up in Google through building your domain and page authority.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone wanting to learn the basic important elements of Search Engine Optimisation to increase their online presence or sales.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training.
This course is delivered online over 2 days (9.30am – 1.00pm).
What will I learn?
Introduction to SEO
- How Search Engines rank websites
- How users use and view Search Engine results pages
- The SEO process
- SEO tools
- Setting objectives
- Practical session in Keyword Research
- Understanding on-page ranking factors
- The free tools you can use to identify the best keywords to target
- Own Website Analysis session
- Selecting target Keywords for your pages
Creating an SEO Action Plan
- What are your Objectives?
- Keyword targeting
- Competitor Analysis
- How high can we get?
- Checking SERP Rankings
- Prioritising SEO Tasks
- Monitoring progress
- HTML components
- Quality Content
- Keyword structure
- Keyword density
- Technical SEO issues eg. 301 redirects
- Domains and URLs
- Taxonomy (structure) / site maps
- Site speed and Identifying Errors
- Website Security
- Use of Rich snippets
- Link Building
- Social Media & SEO
- Blogging, Directories and Forums
- Other Off-page SEO methods including PR and mention building
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
There is no formal assessment for this course.