All professional bus, coach or lorry drivers must complete 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep their Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) up to date.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for professional bus, coach or lorry drivers.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a JAUPT approved Driver CPC certificate for the module and hours completed.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
What will I learn?
Urban Driving & Manoeuvring
- The extra pressures of driving in towns and cities
- Keeping abreast of changes
- Becoming stressed
- Speed limits
- Lane changing
- Negotiating junctions & roundabouts
- Traffic & congestion
- Shared space
- Pinch points
- Bridge heights and weights
- Vehicle access
- Slow Speed Manoeuvring
- Cycle lanes & advance stop lines
- Vehicle blind spots
- Technology to help you
- Point of delivery/passenger set down
- Planning ahead
- Pedestrian areas
- Built up areas and city centres
- Stopping restrictions and PCNs
- Motorway restrictions
- Lane discipline and overtaking
- Side swipes
- Truck Platooning
- Road works, accidents and breakdowns
- Impact protection vehicle (IPV) awareness
- Traffic Officers
- Vehicle Breakdowns
- Different types of managed motorway
- How to use them
- The signage and road markings
- Current and planned locations
There is no formal assessment for this course