This qualification aims to develop your understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Who is it for?
The objective of this qualification is to help those who wish to progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism.
This course is delivered over a number of months via distance learning.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
You will be assessed by completion of a learning work-book supported by feedback from your tutor. The workbook contains reflective activities designed to reinforce your learning and test your knowledge.