The course provides the knowledge and skill requirements for candidates to be assessed for the City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of a Stump Grinder (QCF).
Who is it for?
This course is for any person employed in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance who is or will be required to operate Stump Grinders.
City & Guilds/NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations
What will I learn
- Risk assessments specific to site, task and machine
- Safety precautions relating to a stump grinder
- Precautions to take when working in areas where the public have access
- Pre-use checks and report on serviceability
- Safety features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Start machine and carry out safety checks
- Operate the stump grinder
- Stop machine safely
- Dealing with large stumps
- Unblocking the stump grinder
- Removing and replacing cutter
- Cleaning, transport and storage
- After use inspection and reporting
You will be assessed by external and independent City & Guilds / NPTC assessors who will assess you by means of oral questioning and observation of practical tasks that you have undertaken during the training course