As managers, a good deal of our time is spent in thinking through issues that arise and making reasoned decisions based on information available to us. Problem solving techniques are useful, not just when things go wrong, but in much of our daily activity. This workshop provides you with techniques and processes that will help to understand the root cause of a problem and make the best decision in the circumstances.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for managers and others who have responsibility for solving problems and making decisions.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
What will I learn?
- Simple ways to recognise, investigate and analyse problems
- Objective setting in relation to a problem
- How to identify possible solutions
- The importance of adequate and relevant information for effective decision making
- Identification of what information is relevant to specific decisions
- Simple decision making techniques
- Attitudes to risk and impact on decision making
- Effective presentation of a case – ie, providing facts and evidence, not just opinion
- Monitoring and review techniques to evaluate outcomes of problem solving activities
There is no formal assessment for this course.