Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results – it applies equally in business as well as personal life. On the other hand, negative thinking expects the worst and often this becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Negativity can become infectious and damaging to a business.
Working under pressure can be stimulating and motivating, but when demands and pressures become excessive they can cause stress. Stress can lead to emotional and physical health problems for individuals and is a major cause of absence from work. Work-related stress causes nearly one third of all work-related illnesses and is a major cost to businesses.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone, but is particularly suitable for those in leadership, management and supervisory roles.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training.
This course is delivered over one day.
What will I learn?
- Consequences of negative thinking
- Business and personal benefits of positive thinking
- Link to achievement and motivation
- Keeping positive while managing difficult and challenging situations
- Action planning for a positive outcome
- Impact and causes of stress in the workplace
- Legal responsibilities of employers
- Identifying and managing stress
- Stress relief techniques for individuals and sources of available support
There is no formal assessment for this course.