This course combines theory with hands-on practical exercises in First Aid. You will gain the knowledge and confidence to deal with incidents requiring medical assistance in a child, including calling for professional assistance in serious cases. This course meets the requirements of Ofsted and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Tyro is approved to deliver First Aid training by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB), approval number 099 | 97 (283)
Who is it for?
This course is designed for any individuals who are responsible for the care of children
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an FAIB approved Paediatric First Aid Certificate, and the FAIB Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate – both of which are valid for three years
This course is delivered over 2 days
What will I learn?
- Role as a Paediatric First Aider
- Legal requirements / equipment / record keeping
- Dealing with ill / injured children, infants and adults
- Chain of survival
- Incident management
- Unresponsive casualty – primary survey / secondary survey / recovery position / CPR
- Diabetic emergency
- Epilepsy / convulsions
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Head injury
- Foreign objects
- Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Heat exhaustion / heat stroke
- AED – basic use of an automated external defibrillator
You will be assessed through ongoing practical assessments.