In January 2015 new standards were introduced for provision of food in schools as part of attempts by the Government to address the continuing obesity problems with young people
It is an area of focus of inspections by Ofsted and is an important part of “Every Child Matters” initiatives
This course provides an awareness of healthy eating, and the links between diet and poor health as well as exploring the requirements as they relate to school meals
Who is it for?
This course is designed for teachers, classroom assistants and anyone involved in the provision of food in schools, including school governors and external contractors who supply food
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training
This course is delivered over ½ day
What will I learn?
- The regulations and requirements
- What is covered and what is not
- Healthy eating initiatives
- Links between diet and health
- Factors which can help access to a balanced diet
- Practical ways to promote healthy eating within the classroom
There is no formal assessment for this course