Managing volunteers requires a different approach to managing employees. This course will help you to effectively manage and retain volunteers within your organisation, by providing the right kind of support.
The course content includes motivation strategies and how to get the best out of someone who is giving up their own time, and the essential communication skills required to ensure performance is monitored and policies adhered to.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone in a role which includes managing or supervising volunteers and unpaid supporters.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
This course is delivered over two days.
What will I learn?
- What is a volunteer
- Why people volunteer
- Why organisations need volunteers
- Employees and volunteers – roles and responsibilities
- Effective communication – internal and external
- Maintaining and monitoring volunteers
- Induction and training; policies and procedures, safeguarding, health and safety, volunteer agreements, expenses
- Managing performance (recognition)
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- The volunteer co-ordinator and supervision of volunteers
There is no formal assessment with this course.