This course is designed for people who are assessing or wish to assess candidates undertaking vocational qualifications in the work place and also other environments such as classrooms, workshops or other training situations.
Who is it for?
Candidates must have already completed Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment and Unit 2 – Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a Level 3 Award in assessing Vocational Achievement from NCFE.
Observed assessment is carried out on a one to one basis in the practical environment. A maximum of 4 Assessor visits will be required and this can be over a duration of up to 3 months (at a pace where your candidates are ready to be assessed). Submission of an assignment may also be required. *Additional Assessor visits can be arranged at additional cost of £90.00 per visit plus travel at 0.45 pence per mile.
What will I learn?
Unit 3 – Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
The Aim of this unit is to assess a candidate carrying out assessments and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding outside the work environment.
Upon successful completion of this unit you will:
• Be able to plan the assessment of vocational skills knowledge and understanding
• Be able to make assessment decisions about vocational skills knowledge and understanding
• Be able to provided required information following the assessment of vocational skills knowledge and understanding
• Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing vocational skills knowledge and understanding
* If individuals have a Certificate of Education, are already working towards one or have any of the educational qualifications such as PTLLS, CTLLS, they may not need to complete Unit 3.