What is the Skills Service?
The Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has launched a service that provides skills support to small and medium sized businesses. The LEP skills service helps businesses to identify their skills needs based on their business growth objectives and then find the right training solution. The training provision is employer led, enabling businesses to design their own solutions and plug gaps in the market. Small and medium sized business based in the Leeds City Region that have a budget to put towards training could also be eligible for funding of between £500 and £50,000.
How will the Skills Service help my business?
The Skills Service will…
- Offer a comprehensive skills assessment
- Source the most appropriate training
- Enable eligible businesses to access funding
- Identify additional sources of available funding
- Provide full guidance throughout the entire process
Is my business eligible for the LEP funding?
To be eligible for skills funding, your business must:
- Be based in the Leeds City Region:
- Employ fewer than 250 people and have an annual turnover not exceeding £40 million
- Be able to contribute at least 50% of the cost of the training
- Be in one of our priority sectors
- Creative and Digital
- Finance and Business
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Low Carbon and Construction
- Manufacturing and Engineering
- Transport and Logistics
- Medical Technology
Find out more about the LEP Skills Service?
Tyro Training can assist with your questions about the LEP Skills Service as well as help you identify and create training packages that are perfect for both your business and staff requirements.
Please contact us on 01756 797 266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To find out more, or to see if you’re eligible for support and funding visit: www.the-lep.com/skillsservice
The skills service is delivered by a consortium on behalf of the LEP and has been partly supported by HM Government with Employer Ownership funding.