Making the transition into a role which involves managing people through other managers, supervisors and team leaders in a larger organisation can be very different from other roles and may require you to become less involved in the detail of all activities. You will gain an insight into some of the skills that you will need to use and develop and provide some practical tips that you can put into practice.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone whose role involves leading and managing people through other managers, supervisors and team leaders. It is particularly suitable for those who are new to this role or who have no formal leadership training in their career to date.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management from the City & Guilds Institute of London.
This course is delivered over 7 days.
What will I learn?
- Identifying and meeting expectations of different stakeholders
- Communicating effectively in management
- Setting and monitoring achievement of objectives
- Analysing team roles and ensuring all work to their full potential
- Analysing leadership styles and critically examining your own style
- Leadership styles in different situations
- Motivational skills available to middle managers
You will be assessed through practical activities designed to enable you to demonstrate understanding of the topics and your ability to apply the knowledge into relevant activity. You will also need to complete 3 assignments in addition to the training hours and you should expect to work on these assignments in your own time. As an estimate you should expect to spend at least 35 hours on assignment work.