Making the transition into a first management role involves the development and use of a different set of skills and can be daunting. This in-depth programme provides the development of key skills that you will need to use and also provides some practical tips that you can put into practice
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who have management responsibilities and are new to the role or have no formal training in leadership and management
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management from the City & Guilds of London Institute
This course is delivered over 9 days
What will I learn?
- How teams develop and become effective – and the leader’s role in the process
- Understanding team role preferences, and how to get the most from your team
- Differences (and similarities) between leadership and management
- Leadership styles and effect on team members
- How communication works in organisations – including formal and informal processes
- Verbal and non-verbal communications
- How to use effective questions and active listening to gather information
- Motivational techniques available to managers – and their use in improving performance
- Identifying and meeting customer needs
- Understanding and planning change
- Problem solving techniques
You will be assessed through practically based activities designed to enable you to demonstrate understanding of the topics and their ability to apply the knowledge into relevant activity. You will need to complete several Assignment Tasks (each task will cover 1 or more units) to a satisfactory national standard.
Completion of the Assignment Tasks is outside the programme training hours and you should expect to work on them in your own time. As an estimate, you should expect to spend at least 45 hours on assignment work.