Making the transition into a team leading or supervisory role involves the development and use of a different set of skills and can be daunting. Effective leadership and motivation of teams is the key to success in all organisations and team leaders need to ensure that their approach is right to get the most from their staff. This introductory programme provides you with an awareness of the skills and knowledge to build confidence as a team leader / supervisor and provide some practical tips which you can put into practice.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for all staff who have roles involving leading and supervising other team members. It is particularly suitable for those who are new to this role or have no formal training for their role.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills from the City & Guilds of London Institute.
This course is delivered over 3 days.
What will I learn?
- Recognised models of motivation
- Practical steps a team leader can take to motivate their team
- Causes of underperformance and dealing sensitively with such situations
- Differences and similarities between leadership and management
- Leadership styles and effects on team members
- Communications processes and skills including non-verbal communication
You will be assessed through practical activities designed to enable you to demonstrate understanding of the topics and your ability to apply the knowledge into relevant activity. You will also need to complete 3 assignments in addition to the training hours and you should expect to work on these assignments in your own time. As an estimate you should expect to spend at least 10 hours on assignment work.