All professional bus, coach or lorry drivers must complete 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to keep their Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) up to date.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for professional bus, coach or lorry drivers.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a JAUPT approved Driver CPC certificate for the module and hours completed.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
What will I learn?
- The 5 point plan for incident management and chain of survival
- The primary survey position
- CPR technique
- The secondary survey and recovery position
- Choking procedures
- The recognition and treatment of bleeding and shock
- Injury statistics and the cost to industry, the NHS and the individual
- Types of injury at work:
- The causes of injury
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Health & Safety Regulations 1999
- The structure of the back
- The correct lifting procedure
- MHOR guidance
- Lifting zones and weight limits
- The 6 point drill
- Risk factors:
- The load
- The individual
- The task
- The environment
There is no formal assessment for this course.