This course combines theory with hands-on practical exercises in First Aid for infants and children. You will gain the knowledge and confidence to deal with incidents requiring medical assistance in a child, including calling for professional assistance in serious cases.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for any individuals who are responsible for the care of children. Please note – this qualification does not meet Ofsted/EYFS requirements for childcare professionals and is not suitable for those staff who are required to hold an Ofsted/EYFS approved qualification
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training
This course is delivered over 1 day
What will I learn?
• Role of a first aider
• Primary and secondary assessments
• Recovery position
• Infant, child and adult resuscitation (CPR)
• Infant, child and adult action for choking
• Head injuries
• Effects of heat & cold
• Treatment for bleeding and shock
• Treatment for sprains and strains
• Childhood conditions
• Asthma, diabetes and seizures
• Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock awareness
• Reporting and recording of accidents
You will be assessed through ongoing practical assessments.