This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
Who is it for?
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with individuals with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
This course is delivered over a number of months via distance learning
What will I learn?
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Introduction to Personalisation in social care
- Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
- Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
You will be assessed by completion of a learning work-book supported by feedback from your tutor. The workbook contains reflective activities designed to reinforce your learning and test your knowledge.