The course starts by exploring dementia to give a thorough understanding of the condition. It looks at ways to care and support those affected, using person centred care and the influence of positive communication methods. It informs about the options of medication which are available and helps ensure that those with the condition enjoy their time with meaningful activities, making the most of their situation.
Who is it for?
This course would be of particular use to anyone who in a professional or personal capacity wish to know more about assisting those with dementia in order to improve the quality of life for those suffering with the condition.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care.
This course is delivered over a number of months via distance learning
What will I learn?
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals
- Communication and interaction factors
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- The administration of medication using a person-centred approach
- Behaviour in the context of dementia
- The benefits of engaging in activities
You will be assessed by completion of a learning work-book supported by feedback from your tutor. The workbook contains reflective activities designed to reinforce your learning and test your knowledge.