This qualification aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of principles and processes of person-centred thinking, working with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care plan, promote health & well being through nutrition and hyrdration and support individuals with sleep and maintaining personal hygiene.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for care workers and will help them to understand their role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development, implementation and review of care plans.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Care Planning.
This course is delivered over a number of months via distance learning
What will I learn?
- Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
- Care planning for the care worker
- Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
- Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Understanding continence care
- Principles of supporting sleep
You will be assessed by completion of a learning work-book supported by feedback from your tutor. The workbook contains reflective activities designed to reinforce your learning and test your knowledge.