This course complements the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety programme. It is aimed at those who use substances hazardous to health at work and introduces you to the hazards associated with those substances, the risks and controls available and what to expect from a COSHH assessment
It is recommended that you hold a Level 2 Award in Health and Safety before attending this course but it is not a requirement
Successful completion will prepare you to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who use substances hazardous to health at work
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Level 2 Award in the Principles of COSHH
This course is delivered over ½ day
What will I learn?
- The scope of hazardous substances in the workplace
- The range of legislation covering hazardous substances
- How hazardous substances adversely affect health
- Methods of identification for hazardous substances
- Sources of guidance available for the safe use of hazardous substances
- The range of control measures available for the safe use of hazardous substances
- The purpose and content of COSHH assessments
You will be assessed through a 1 hour multiple choice question paper (30 questions – pass mark 20) completed under exam conditions at the end of the day