This qualification is for the pruning of trees using pole mounted, long reach pruning equipment, which may include: extendable pruning saws, powered pole pruners and loppers. The trees will be cut by removing branches using cuts that are finished to the current standard for pruning in treework.
This course is physical in nature and requires the carrying and movement of items in a woodland forest environment.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for holders of the 201, 202 & 203 (CS30 & 31) Certificates who wish to be able to use a powered pole pruner safely however, experience is not essential.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner from City & Guilds
This course is delivered over two days including assessment
What will I learn?
- Identifying the Risk Assessment & Emergency procedures on a work site
- Safe working procedures
- Legal and environmental factors that may be present on the work site
- Relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- How to use a powered pole pruner
- Appropriate pruning methods
- Safety features
- Pre-use checks and maintenance of the chainsaw
You will be assessed throughout the training by means of oral questioning and observation of practical tasks