The safe use of a brushcutter or trimmers requires safe and skilful operators. This qualification will help you in your day-to-day work environment and also helps to ensure the safety of bystanders if this equipment is used in a public place.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for all personnel engaged in the use of a brushcutter or trimmer
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Brushcutters and Trimmers
This course is delivered over 1 day including assessment
What will I learn?
- Identify hazards specific to the site, task and machine
- Risk Assessment
- Identify & select the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Maintenance (engine, drive system and gear head)
- Identify and state the purpose of the controls on the machine
- Selecting the appropriate cutting head
- Maintaining sharpen and fitting the cutting head
- Removal of nylon cord and refit/renew length of cord/blades
- Adjusting the machine and harness
- Environmental considerations
- Pre-use checks
- Starting the machine safely
- Cutting techniques
- Operate the machine
- Inspect machine after use and before storage
- Cleaning and storage
You will be assessed by external and independent City & Guilds / NPTC assessors who will assess you by means of oral questioning and observation of practical tasks that you have undertaken during the training course