Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with, and relates to, other people. It also affects how they make sense of the world around them
It is a spectrum condition, which means that, while all people with autism share certain difficulties, their condition will affect them in different ways. Some people with autism are able to live relatively independent lives but others may have accompanying learning disabilities and need a lifetime of specialist support
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants a general understanding of Autism
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training
This course is delivered over ½ day
What will I learn?
- An overview of the autistic spectrum condition
- An awareness of the differing needs of individuals
- An introduction to the behaviours
- A summary of person–centred support
- An introduction to communicating effectively
There is no formal assessment for this course