Who is it for?
This course is designed for any managers or members of staff who want to work more effectively. Attention management increases the ability to focus attention and can be at individual and organisational level. Managers are encouraged to deal with their own attention problems before trying to influence employees in their organisation.
Attention management is not time management, rather a skill that encourages us to focus on our work, enabling us to reach our personal and company goals. A distracted workforce is less than effective. When we don’t pay attention to our work we can waste valuable time and make careless mistakes.
Attention management allows managers and employees to increase their productivity and efficiency as well as their personal job satisfaction.
On successful completion of this course you will receive a Tyro Training Certificate of Attendance
This course is delivered over 1 day
What will I learn?
- Defining attention management
- Difference between time management and attention management
- How attention management could change how you work and your effectiveness.
- The different types of attention, what they are and how they affect us
- Importance of assessing where we focus most of our attention
- How to identify which attention zone you spend most of your time in
- How to set meaningful realistic (SMART) goals, creating strategies to achieve objectives
- Tips for structuring their day to maximise time and increase your attention
- How to identify attention stealers and how to take control of distractions
- Attention management principles that they can implement into your working day
- The importance of nurturing downtime
There is no formal assessment for this course.