As managers and supervisors, you should review the performance of your staff on a regular basis and set meaningful, challenging goals for the period ahead, which are linked to the organisation’s overall objectives. The aim of this course is to provide the knowledge, skills and confidence to improve the performance of staff by conducting appraisals and performance reviews.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors at all levels.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Tyro Training.
This course is delivered over 1 day.
What will I learn?
- Context of appraisals within Performance management process
- Purpose and benefits of the appraisal process
- Relevance of sound recruitment process as a basis for appraisals
- Preparing employee for appraisal
- SWOT analysis
- Preparation for carrying out an appraisal
- Importance of evidence
- Carrying out the interview
- Giving effective feedback
- Techniques for handling difficult conversation
- Role of personalities in appraisals
- Agreeing realistic goals
- Effective follow up
There is no formal assessment for this course.