If used correctly, an ATV is a very versatile vehicle with many uses. Without serious training, accidents can and will occur whilst using an ATV and pose great risk to the operator. This course aims to ensure that you reach the required standard in the safe riding and handling of a sit astride All-Terrain Vehicle in off-road situations
Who is it for?
This course is designed for individuals who do, or may need to, use sit astride All-Terrain Vehicles
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in All Terrain Vehicle Handling from City & Guilds
This course is delivered over 2 days including assessment
What will I learn?
- Legal and safety requirements relating to the use of ATVs
- Identify hazards specific to the site, task and machine
- Risk Assessment
- Appropriate personal protective equipment
- Pre-start checks and daily maintenance
- Function of controls and interpretation of instrument readings
- Operating ATV safety on level, sloping ground and rough terrain
- Operating ATV with trailed equipment both forward and in reverse
- Health and safety issues
- Ride the ATV around a specified course
- Cleaning and inspecting of the ATV
You will be assessed by external and independent City & Guilds / NPTC assessors who will assess you by means of oral questioning and observation of practical tasks that you have undertaken during the training course.
Assessment of a second optional unit: (209) Operate an All Terrain Vehicle ATV with a Trailer or Trailed Attachment, is available upon request. This unit covers the following;
- Describe how to operate an ATV that is laden and has an implement attached, on various terrain
- Ride/drive the ATV around a specified course with a trailer or trailed implement attached including reversing
If assessment of this unit is required, Tyro must be notified at the point of booking. Please note, experience of using ATV’s with a trailer attachment is advisable before requesting this unit.